Резолюция по Украине, напоминаю, единственная из принятых на конференции в Афинах, которая вызвала дискуссию и была проголосована не совсем единогласно - при трех воздержавшихся
3rd Euro-Mediterranean Conference
Statement on Ukraine
Statement on Ukraine
The tragic events in Ukraine, particularly after the “regime change” in Kiev, the rise of Nazism and national-ethnic hatred, the war in South-Eastern Ukraine threatening the regional and world peace, the barbaric IMF program of starvation imposed all over Ukraine, West and East, cannot and should not be ignored. The international workers movement, the Left , and all movements fighting for emancipation all over the world cannot and should not remain trapped in systematic misinformation and propaganda warfare but take a principled stand.
The social economic, political and moral crisis of the EU is clearly seen in Ukraine, where together with the US are sustaining a government that raises monuments to the collaborators to Adolf Hitler's Nazism and genocides, to Stepan Bandera and the UPA while forbidding by law the communist ideology and organizations. It s proves not only the nature of the Kiev regime but as well the political-moral bankruptcy of the so-called democratic European Union.
· We stand by the Ukrainian people fighting against fascism and all forms of chauvinism, Ukrainian and Great Russian, of anti-Semitism, of all forms of discrimination.
· We demand the liberation of all political prisoners in Ukraine and Russia.
· We demand the return of all political refugees to their homes.
· We demand the disbanding of all fascist armed forces.
· We demand an independent International Commission of Inquiry to the hideous crime of burning alive dozens of people in the House of the Trade Unions in Odessa on May 2, 2014, of the massacre in Mariupol and all crimes perpetrated, particularly against the civilian population, during the entire period of the on-going Ukrainian crisis .
· We demand the full respect of the right of national self-determination of the people of Ukraine as well as the respect of all national, religious, and cultural rights of the people in Donbass and of all the communities of Ukraine. The destiny of the peole has to be at the hands of the people , not of the Great Powers and of their conflicting interests.
As fighters for freedom, social justice and Socialism, we, participants in the 3rd Euro-Mediterranean Conference, held in Athens on July 18-20, 2015, we declare our support to the perspective of a free, united, federal, and socialist Ukraine based on freely elected people's councils, without imperialists, oligarchs, and bureaucrats. For a socialist Ukraine part of a socialist Europe, from Lisbon to Vladivostok!